Cruising season is just around the bend with the end of hurricane season coming up on November 30th. People are starting to come back to the marina to get their boats ready to head on out sailing in Florida, the Bahamas, and beyond. Boat projects are in full swing on s/v Tickety Boo, along with plenty of fun social events to distract ourselves from all the money, time, sweat, and tears everyone is pouring into their boats.
Now, without further ado, here are some of the random things that happened at the marina last month in numbers:
- 6 - Number of books I read during October. 2 writing-related, 1 cozy mystery, 1 graphic novel, 1 literary fiction, and Deb Akey's lovely book, >>The Essence<< (read my review here).
- 2 - Number of times our Nissan Pathfinder broke down. Thanks goodness for wonderful friends who helped us out with the loan of their car, giving us a ride back to the marina, and helping tow our car off to the side of the road. There was also a very kind stranger who stopped by the side of the road and gave Scott a ride back to the marina the second time that the car broke down.
- 2 - Number of Nissan Pathfinders with Oregon plates in Indiantown. (Our boat neighbor has the other one).
- 3 - Number of potlucks. Good food, good company and, at the Halloween potluck, good costumes.
- 2 - Number of sailboats on the cover of my latest cozy mystery, Bodies in the Boatyard. A good chunk of last month was spent prepping for the release on November 19th.
- 16 - Number of mini-chocolate chips I've been putting into my morning oatmeal lately, along with a spoonful of peanut butter. It's like have a giant cookie for breakfast.
- 1 - Number of tree frogs that live in the cockpit of our boat. We call him Freddy.
- 0 - Number of interesting things I have left to say about the past month.
In case you missed them, here are some of our favorite posts from last month both here and on my author blog:
Hairless Cats, Living in a Simulation & Blogging Changes
Wordless Wednesday: Mail Call & UFOs
Organizing Blog Tours during a Book Release
How did last month go for you? What are you looking forward to this month?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!
Amazon (US) | Amazon (CA) | Amazon (UK) | Amazon (AU) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple iBooks | Google Play
Paperback and large print coming soon.
Find out more at ellenjacobsonauthor.com