Facebook

14 November 2018

Wordless Wednesday | Boat On Fire At Indiantown Marina!



Wordless Wednesday is supposed to be about posting a photo(s) without any words. But, I'm a rule breaker, so here are a few words:

1 - A boat caught on fire at Indiantown Marina. There were several fire trucks, ambulances, a HazMat team, and sheriff's deputies in full force.

2 - The word on the street is that the guy was working with epoxy and using acetone to clean up. A halogen bulb fell in the area he was working in causing the boat to go up in flames.

3 - Fortunately, no one was hurt. But the boat is a total loss.

4 - The fumes from the fire smelled awful and were probably quite toxic.


What words does this picture(s) bring to your mind when you look at it?

For more Wordless Wednesday fun, click here

Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!



The latest Mollie McGhie cozy sailing mystery is now available for pre-order! Pick up a copy of >>Bodies in the Boatyard<< at:

Amazon (US) | Amazon (CA) | Amazon (UK) | Amazon (AU) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple iBooks | Google Play

Paperback available at: Amazon

Find out more at ellenjacobsonauthor.com 

30 comments:

  1. How awful for the owner! Even if there is insurance and it pays, it does not replace everything, or sentimental items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible, quite a loss but I'm glad no one was hurt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good no one was hurt physically. I'm sure the owner has quite a few not nice emotions over the incident, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it's not a very pleasant time for them just now as they work through everything.

      Delete
  4. If that were my boat I'd be in tears. Goodness. How awful.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dramatic incident. I'm glad the owner managed to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work with epoxy with my jewelry and it smells quite bad on its own...I can't even think of how that would smell if it was on fire!
    Thank God everyone was ok.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell was awful. There are so many things that boats are built with and have on them that are incredibly toxic and foul smelling when burnt.

      Delete
  7. I almost set our house on fire several years ago when I turned on the wrong burner--one on which sat a wooden cutting board. Luckily my daughter smelled smoke and I was able to smother the small 8 inch flames. The whole house stunk after that. What was I doing at the time? Something on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That was lucky your daughter was able to put it out.

      Delete
  8. Wow! How horrible.
    You didn't really need to add words to this one, my heart had already skipped a beat or two just from the images. Glad it wasn't Tickety Boo.
    Blessings my sailing friends, Geoff in Johannesburg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad, isn't it. We're really glad it wasn't our boat either.

      Delete
  9. What rotten luck! I hope he doesn't suffer lung issues after this. Yikes. Eco friendly light bulbs are somewhat of a joke in our house. I believe some have (or did have) mercury in them! That's lovely, isn't it? And some of ours didn't last a week after our kitchen renovation. What's up with that? We finally found a brand that works, at least. Hope you are well, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How terrible! But it's good no one was hurt. (A plot bunny for a future mystery?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could write about it - hits too close to home.

      Delete
  11. I imagine that was the most excitement Indiantown had seen in a while with all those fire engines, ambulances, deputies, and HazMat crew.

    Hate it for the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How horrible. My first thought? I hope the boat was well-insured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was well insured too, but I know that won't really make up for their loss.

      Delete
  13. Its so sad that the boat was a loss. I'm always wary of fire damages. In a split second there cound be so much damage. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the kind comments. This whole ordeal is still sinking in for me and my wife. It will take some time to recover emotionally. We've owned Rol & C's for over nine years and have put a lot of work, time and money into her. Though she was insured, money could never replace the attachment we had. Fortunately, the memories will last forever. Roland and Carole Paré

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so sorry about the loss of your boat, but so happy both of you were spared. Such a sad loss :-(

      Delete

We LOVE when people leave comments. It's so much more fun hearing what you have to say. If you have a blog, make sure you leave a link and I'll be sure to pop on by.