September was hot, hot, hot. That's about all I remember from the past month - the heat. Everyone in northern climates is posting lovely autumnal pictures on Facebook. Cool, crisp air. Needing a sweater at night. Sipping on hot chocolate without breaking into a sweat. It all sounds so lovely. Instead, I spent pretty much the entire month inside my boat with the air conditioning running full blast.
On the bright side, at least the great outdoors didn't tempt me away from my keyboard and I made some good progress on my writing projects. I sent >>Bodies in the Boatyard<< off to the editor mid-September (hoping for a November release) and started outlining book #3 in the series.
Now, without further ado, here are the random things that happened at the marina last month in numbers:
- 8 - How many bags of chips there were at the Labor Day potluck. You can never have enough chips.
- 3 - Number of new cats at the marina. So cute.
- 44 - How many scenes I've outlined in the third book in my cozy mystery series. This one is going to be called >>Poisoned by the Pier<<. Yep, you guessed it - someone is going to get murdered by way of poison. But it's also going to feature cake. Lots and lots of cake.
- $91.56 - How much I spent on eating out last month. Way more than I would normally spend. I gave into laziness way too much during September and ate out or got take-away instead of cooking at home.
- $1.06 - How much a container of mango juice costs at one of the local dollar stores. I love mixing a little of it with some sparkling water. Like a can of soda, but with far fewer calories. I find dollar stores a bit dangerous. "But this plastic dinosaur only costs a dollar! It wouldn't make sense to go home without it, would it?"
- 6 - How many books I read. Fewer books than I would have liked, but I'm still on target to meet my goal of a 100 books this year (currently at 83). My fave was Island of the Mad by Laurie King, featuring Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell.
- 2 - Number of overdue library books I had. Tsk, tsk.
- 8 - How many inches in diameter the average pancake that I make is. Yes, I measured my pancakes. No, I don't measure how much syrup I put on top of them. I like a lot of syrup on my pancakes. It's probably better that I don't know exactly how much.
- 3 - How many seasons of The Mindy Project I've binge-watched. Who know that a show about an OB-GYN practice could be so hysterical? Now, going to the OB-GYN, not nearly as much fun.
In case you missed them, here are some of our favorite posts from last month both here and on my author blog:
A Blogger Who Blogs or a Writer Who Writes?
Wordless Wednesday | New Marina Cats
Book Release in Numbers
How did last month go for you? What are you looking forward to this month?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!
Murder at the Marina - a lighthearted & humorous cozy sailing mystery - available in ebook and paperback format at:
Amazon (US) | Amazon (CA) | Amazon (UK) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple iBooks | Google Play | Book Depository | Books-A-Million
Find out more at ellenjacobsonauthor.com