Paul at Lat43 does these hysterical Morning Tea blog posts which are a brain dump of whatever pops into his head while he's writing them. I decided to steal his idea. Except, I'm drinking coffee while I write this and he drinks tea, so it isn't really stealing, is it?
So, here we go - all of the random nonsense floating through my head while I sip on my morning coffee.
- I'm drinking iced coffee this morning while running my air conditioning full-blast. Yes, it's still hot in southern Florida even though it's mid-October. Looks like we're in for another real feel temp of over 100 today.
- When you start dripping sweat the minute you go outside, it's hard to get into the fall spirit. All everyone seems to be talking about on Facebook these days is pumpkin spice this and that while wrapped up in adorable sweaters and scarves.
- I don't really like pumpkin spice flavored things. I wonder if there's a support group for people like me? Everything seems to be pumpkin spiced these days. They probably even make pumpkin spice toilet paper.
- The annual migration of the snowbirds has kicked off. People are starting to head back to the marina to get their boats ready to head off to the Bahamas and beyond.
- We had our first Indiantown Party Posse get-together last night of the season. My friends brought delicious homemade treats to share. I let Walmart do my cooking for me. I really need to up my game when it comes to potlucks.
- I've got a lot of bug bites on me. I really should stop itching them, but I can't seem to help myself.
- I saw a giant black spider running across my bed last week and dive under the mattress. Man, that thing can move fast. Normally, I'm kind of okay with spiders, but it's possible this was a black widow and I'm not okay with having that share my bed with me. I haven't seen it in a while, so hopefully, it's found someplace new to live. In them meantime, I sleep with one eye open.
- The new marina cats are so adorable! I wonder if they would be interested in hunting down a spider.
- I borrowed a friend's dinghy yesterday to clean off the side of my boat. It looks so much better now that it's back to its original white color, rather than the green hue it had developed with all of the Florida mold growing on it. It will probably turn green again in a couple of days.
- I seem to know that names of all of the dogs at the marina, but I struggle to remember their humans' names. Why is that?
- Time for some more iced coffee.
What did you think about over your morning cup of coffee, tea, or other beverage of choice?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!
Murder at the Marina - a lighthearted & humorous cozy sailing mystery - available in ebook and paperback format at:
Amazon (US) | Amazon (CA) | Amazon (UK) | Amazon (AU) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple iBooks | Google Play | Book Depository | Books-A-Million
Find out more at ellenjacobsonauthor.com