Like last month, here’s a little recap of how February went for us in numbers. We spent the entire month in Florida. It is the Sunshine State after all. Where would you rather be during February – basking in the sunshine and warmth in Florida or shoveling yet more snow from a driveway somewhere up north?
- 11 – Number of different places we camped at in Florida including two Walmart parking lots, three Florida State Parks (Jonathan Dickinson, Collier-Seminole & Myakka), one county campground (South Bay RV Campground near Lake Okocheebee), two RV Parks (Jolly Rodger in Marathon and Linger Lodge near Bradenton), one casino near Miami and one wildlife management area.
- 104 – The number of eggs we ate. Every morning for breakfast we usually have scrambled eggs with onions, green bell peppers (aka capsicums), jalapenos, some cheese and a little bit of ham.
- $290 – How much we spent on gas. Down a tiny bit from January, but still a lot of money relative to our other spend.
- $23 – How much we spent per night on campsites. This is up from January ($18), which isn’t really surprising given how much more expensive camping is in central and southern Florida and the fact that we splurged in the Keys. But we did manage to find an awesome free boondocking site near Indiantown at the end of February which really helped keep this number down.
- 1 - The number of times we ate out (Ethiopian at Queen of Sheba in Sarasota). We try to keep costs down by cooking ourselves, but we do make an exception for Ethiopian food from time to time.
- 3 – The number of times I got the crap scared out of me by alligators at the Shark Valley Visitor Center in the Everglades.
- 0 – The number of times I screamed when I saw an alligator. Small victories, but important nonetheless.
- 2 – The number of days we were complete and utter slugs. We basically did nothing and went nowhere for two days at Jonathan Dickson State Park. It got windy and cold so we hid inside Scamper and read books, wrote blog posts, ate Oreo cookies and watched The Sopranos and Bob Roberts.
- Unknown – Like last month, I have proven to be completely incompetent when it comes to recording our mileage. I have no idea how many miles we’ve put under our wheels during February. Chances are you’ll hear the same story from me next month.
- 1 – The number of times we ate a chocolate cake slice from Walmart, which is down dramatically from last month. But not to worry, Oreo cookies were on sale at Publix so I used them to satisfy my very demanding sweet tooth.
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - we'd love for you to pop by and say hi!