Paul at Lat43 does these hysterical Morning Tea blog posts which are a brain dump of whatever pops into his head while he's writing them. I decided to steal his idea. Except, I'm drinking coffee while I write this and he drinks tea, so it isn't really stealing, is it?
So, here we go - all of the random nonsense floating through my head while I sip on my morning coffee.
- I got a little bit of boat envy the other day after taking a tour of a Westerly Seahawk 34 that some friends just bought. It's the same size as ours and also has a center cockpit, so it was interesting to see how the layout differs. Pretty similar except it has amazing headroom.
- I wonder why I referred to their boat as an "it"? Everyone knows that boats are girls.
- This is the second boat they've owned (I think). We're on our second boat. I wonder if we'll be content with this one or look for another one someday?
- Whole wheat pasta is terribly disappointing. Sure, it's higher in fiber and good for you, but it tastes like limp cardboard. I finally got rid of the whole wheat rotini that I've been storing for eons that will never get eaten. It's freed up valuable storage space for more important things like cocoa powder.
- I love getting emails from blog followers! A guy recently sent a note saying that he's read all of our cruising in New Zealand posts and just bought a Raven 26, which is the same type of boat we used to have when we lived there. It was so nice to hear from him and know that he's having exciting adventures in our old cruising grounds.
- Joker valves are aptly named. The joke's on you when you have to change one. Don't know what one is? Consider yourself lucky.
- Wunderground is a big fat liar. We had a lot of wind here the other day. You could hear it blowing through everyone's rigging creating that chorus of noise that lets you know you're in a marina. Wunderground and said the wind gusts were 11 mph, when we all knew that they had to be closer to 25.
- So much nicer to be in a marina when it's blowing a gale out there. You can actually sleep at night and not worry about the anchor dragging.
- Sailors often suffer from sleep deprivation.
- I don't like to be deprived of sleep. Happy to be deprived of whole wheat pasta, but don't rob me of my Zs.
- Did you ever go out someplace in the morning and start to worry that you forgot to brush your teeth? Or is that just me? Please tell me someone else worries about this sort of thing.
What did you think about over your morning cup of coffee, tea, or other beverage of your choice? Did you brush your teeth this morning?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!