What can I say about December. It was a month of highs and lows. I got to visit my family in Portland for a week - that was a high. We hauled our boat out of the water to assess the crack in our hull - that was a real low. It's bad. We had some cool weather in Florida - a high. I had freezing weather in Portland - a low. My sister has adorable cats that I got to play with - a high. . .well, let's just leave it there with a crazy cat lady high, shall we?
Okay, so onto the recap of last month in numbers. Basically, the really random numbers that pop into my head as I write these monthly posts.
- 4 - How many quarts my slow cooker holds. I made baked bean in it for the Christmas Eve potluck at the marina. The pot was empty at the end of the night, so I guess they tasted okay.
- $4 - How much it costs per foot to haul your boat out of the water and move it into the workyard at Indiantown Marina. Plus it's $4 a foot to block your boat. The workyard is costing us $30 a day and there's a special one-time fee on top of that. It all adds up. Cha-ching.
- 4 - Number of inches the razor blades are in our paint scraping tool. Scott has been a trooper working away at getting the many layers of old paint off of our hull.
- 4 - How many times I repeated the number "four" above. Maybe four is my new lucky number?
- 10 - Number of books I read last month including 4 sci-fi/fantasy, 1 thriller, 3 mysteries, 1 romance, and 1 general fiction. My pick for the month is Jinx Schwartz's Just for the Birds. Such a fun read and it's a boating mystery so it was right up my alley.
- 100 - Number of books I read in 2018 which means I achieved my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal.
- 20,000+ - Number of words I wrote for Poisoned by the Pier, the next book my cozy sailing mystery series.
- 5 - Number of flights I took to and from Portland. There was a bit of a fiasco getting out of Charlotte when that big snow storm was on its way, but I made it out and just in the nick of time.
- 435 - How many chocolate chip cookies I ate at my sister's. She makes the best cookies, hands down. I think it was probably less than 435, but my pants beg to differ. Do you know what the true, unsung hero of the holidays is? Elastic waistbands. Yoga pants for the win!
- 16 - How old my nieces are. How did they get to be so old? How did I get to be so old?
- 6 - How many cans of green chilies I have onboard our boat. I need to use them up. Any good recipe ideas you want to share involving green chilies?
- 4 - How many dark chocolate pigs my mom sent us this year. Pigs are a good luck New Year's tradition in our family. I think they're extra lucky when they're made out of chocolate.
- 9:30 PM - How late I stayed up on New Year's Eve. Pathetic, huh?
In case you missed them, here are some of our favorite posts from last month on this blog and my author blog:
Life Lately from Coast to Coast
Life in a Tree House
Publishing Large Print Cozy Mystery Books
How did last month go for you? What are you looking forward to this month?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!
Amazon (US) | Amazon (CA) | Amazon (UK) | Amazon (AU) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple iBooks | Google Play
Paperback & Large Print available at: Amazon
Find out more at ellenjacobsonauthor.com