Paul at Lat43 does these hysterical Morning Tea blog posts which are a brain dump of whatever pops into his head while he's writing them. I decided to steal his idea. Except, I'm drinking coffee while I write this and he drinks tea, so it isn't really stealing, is it?
So, here we go - all of the random nonsense floating through my head while I sip on my morning coffee.
- I'm currently visiting my family in Portland, Oregon and staying with my sister. She has two cats so I'm able to get a little Crazy Cat Lady fix while I'm here.
- This is Georgie. I tried to explain to her why jumping up on the stove is a bad idea - you know, burning your paws on a hot burner and all that. She seemed perplexed by my concerns.
- I'd show you a picture of her other cat, Sebastian, but the only one I have of him is one where he's sleeping. Normally, that'd probably be a cute shot, but he sleeps with his eyes open, which is super creepy. You're never quite sure if he's dead or not.
- Sebastian is quite displeased with the current placement of his water bowl in the kitchen. During the middle of the night, he nudges it into the center of the room, spilling water all over the floor in the process. I know because I came down early one morning and stepped in a big puddle. I wonder who will win the water bowl battle in the end - Sebastian or my sister?
- It's freezing in Portland. I'm currently wearing two pairs of socks and thinking of putting another pair on. I wish I had a fur coat like cats do.
- My sister made chocolate chip cookies for me. She's a good sister.
- Chocolate chip cookies are great for breakfast.
- Chocolate chip cookies are great at night with a cup of cocoa.
- I have competition for the chocolate chip cookie supply. My nieces like them too. I thought about hiding the cookies from them. Does that make me a bad aunt?
- I think my sister is going to have to make more cookies.
- I saw this magnet at a store the other day. I thought about buying it for Scott because he's from North Dakota, but then I remembered that we live on a boat and we don't have a normal fridge that you can put magnets on.
- We're going to the coast this weekend. One of the highlight is going to be getting pancakes at the Pig n' Pancake at Canon Beach.
- We should probably go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory while we're on the coat too. Not only do they have great cheese, they also have great ice cream.
- I should probably eat something before I write blog posts. I just read back through this and it seems to be all about food. If only I could remember where I hid the chocolate chip cookies.
What did you think about over your morning cup of coffee, tea or other favorite beverage? What did you have for breakfast?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!