Paul at Lat43 does these hysterical Morning Tea blog posts which are a brain dump of whatever pops into his head while he's writing them. I decided to steal his idea. Except, I'm drinking coffee while I write this and he drinks tea, so it isn't really stealing, is it?
So, here we go - all of the random nonsense floating through my head while I sip on my morning coffee.
- I'm in Portland, Oregon visiting my family. It's cold here. I'm wearing two pairs of socks and sitting under multiple blankets.
- My sister's two cats are sitting on top of me. I think they're cold too, despite their fur. They're pretending to be loving, but all they want is to steal my body heat.
- One of the cats decided my face was a good place to sleep on last night. I had strange dreams about being smothered by a large bear wearing a tutu.
- I used up all of the half-and-half yesterday and now I have to drink my coffee black. Ick.
- I don't normally use half-and-half in my coffee. I usually use skim milk. I've kind of given up on having a low-fat diet this week. So far, I've had three everything bagels spread with an obscene amount of cream cheese on them. I'm probably going to get another one today. Things just taste better with large amounts of fat in them.
- It's been fun to see my nieces. They're in high school now. How did that happen? They're great girls - clever, creative and fun.
- We played cards one night. I lost. They cheated. I think there's a correlation there somewhere.
- My sister makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I'm really not looking forward to going back to my normal low-fat diet later this week.
- Do you ever check your blood pressure just for kicks? My sister and I play this weird game where we check our blood pressure and the person with the lowest reading wins. My mother just shakes her head at us. I think she thinks we're weird. She's just jealous because we both have super low blood pressure.
- I've been getting sucked into watching TV while I'm here. I don't have a TV on my boat. For some reason, despite the fact that I live on a boat, I've been fascinated by all of the home renovation and decorating shows. Some people have really bad taste.
- We went to McMenamin's Kennedy School for lunch the other day. They've really raised the prices in the past few years. It doesn't seem like anyone minds because the place was packed. I got tater tots with my bacon cheeseburger. Tater tots are fun. They remind me of school lunches. The only good thing about school lunches was the tater tots. And the chocolate peanut butter squares.
- One of my nieces told me she doesn't get why people mix chocolate and peanut butter. I think we need to disown her.
- I need to buy a bottle of wine today for my mom and I to drink during the election coverage tomorrow. We may need more than one bottle.
- Okay, I need to get dressed now. I hear an everything bagel with cream cheese calling my name.
What random thoughts popped into your head today?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!