|Clockwise from upper left - six things that start with "C": (1) cat; (2) another cat; (3) chocolate cake; (4) coloring books; (5) candy; and (6) coffee mug.|
It's time for the usual monthly recap in numbers. If you're a regular visitor over here, then you can probably guess what the primary focus was during June and I bet you're tired of hearing about it. Yes, it was all about the release of Murder at the Marina. After a whirlwind trip to Atlanta at the beginning of the month, I spent the rest of June getting everything organized for the release and then managing all of the activity that comes with a book launch. I also worked on the next book in the series, Bodies in the Boatyard, although not as much as I would have liked.
I'll try to do something more interesting in July so that next month's report isn't nearly as dull. But in any event, here's all of the random nonsense that popped into my head when I reflected on the month past.
- 10 - How many hours it takes to drive to Atlanta from Indiantown. My favorite part of the trip is passing through Yeehaw Junction, just cause it's such a fun name to say.
- 3 - Number of pets at the house I stayed at including two cats (pictured above) and one dog.
- 4 - Number of allergy pills I took while there. It doesn't seem right that someone who loves furry creatures as much as I do is allergic to them. That's one of the good things about Simon the Time Traveling Cat. Imaginary cats are hypo-allergenic.
- 11:00 AM - What time the matinee of Solo started at. By the time I got out, it was insanely hot. Nothing worse than a 30-minute drive home when the air conditioning in your car isn't working. Ah, the joys of southern Florida in the summer.
- 2 - The number of air conditioning units my boat neighbor has. Their boat is deliciously cool.
- 1 - The number of air conditioning units our boat has. The temperature is okay on board.
- 0 - The number of air conditioning units a boat on the floating dock has. I feel so bad for this guy living on his boat in this heat. Heat makes me cranky, yet this chap is always so cheerful.
- 1 - Number of manuscripts I beta read. A really cute YA fantasy novel. It was a pleasure to read.
- 5 - How many books I read - one cozy mystery by Laura Levine (she's hysterical), two scifi/fantasy, one sailing-related, and one YA book. Not as much as I normally read on a monthly basis.
- 43 - How many dark chocolate M&M'S I ate on release day. Seriously, that's all I had. However, I did also have two chocolate brownies.
- 26 - How many people participated in the Murder at the Marina Blog Tour & Fiesta. Seriously, isn't that insane? Insane in the best possible way though that so many folks would have volunteered to help out. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the participants!
- 77 - My ranking on the Amazon Hot New Releases List in the cozy animal mystery category during release week. I was also thrilled to have made it onto the Amazon Australia Best Sellers list in the cozy mystery category. I know that in the scheme of things, these lists aren't a big deal, but still it was heaps better than I ever expected to happen. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who picked up a copy!
- 4 - Number of times I went to Taco Tuesday. Don't you wish every day was Tuesday?
- $10 - How much I spent on a pair of flip-flops. I usually just pick up the ones that Walmart sells for a dollar, but they wear out so quickly and I hate the idea of all of my flip-flops ending up in the landfill. So I "splurged" and bought what I hope will be a sturdier pair which will last longer.
- 5 - How many seasons of Babylon 5 were made. I did some binge watching of it on Amazon Prime last month. The special effects look so cheesy now, but it's still such a great show.
In case you missed them, here are some of our favorite posts from last month:
Chocolate, Bubbles & BLTs | A Day in the Life of a Book Release
Reader Ideas on How to Kill Someone in a Boatyard | You Guys are Scary!
Morning Coffee | Random Thoughts & Oddities
How did last month go for you? What are you looking forward to next month?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!
Murder at the Marina - a lighthearted & humorous cozy sailing mystery - available in ebook and paperback format at:
Amazon (US) | Amazon (CA) | Amazon (UK) | Amazon (AU) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Apple iBooks | Google Play | Book Depository | Books-A-Million
Find out more at ellenjacobsonauthor.com