It's time for our monthly recap by the numbers. The month started out with some heavy rains leading to flooding at the marina. The electricity got shut off for several days and it was a bit dicey getting on and off the boat. Top tip: when you're stepping in over a foot of murky water, always look to see if there are gators lurking about first. We tackled a few boat projects before Scott went back to Scotland mid-October. Since he's been gone, I've successfully ignored the rest of the items on the boat project list.
So, enough with all of those words, here's the usual random nonsense recap by the numbers:
- 7 - What Spanish level I'm at on Duolingo. We're talking about cruising in the Western Caribbean this season and Spanish sure would come in handy. So far, I can say useful things like, >>Soy un pinguino<< (I am a penguin) and >>Yo no como pinguinos<< (I don't eat penguins).
- 5 - How many cookies I bought at the Guatemalan bakery. I gave three of them away. Did you know that if you share your sugary treats, you get good calorie karma?
- 8 - Number of dubious looking apples that I turned into applesauce.
- 10 - How many books I checked out of the library.
- 2 - How many cans of potatoes I used in my new >>Experimental Potato<< recipe. It involved a lot of seeds (cumin, coriander, mustard, carroway), turmeric, and garam masala. Nobody seemed to require hospitalization after eating it, so I've declared the experiment a success.
- 3 - How many bolts you have screw in when you're replacing the blower fan in our vehicle.
- 2 - How many attempts I made to try to line up the bolts with the holes, which I could neither see nor feel, and screw the darn thing in place.
- Nil - How many blower fans that have successfully been installed.
- 15 - How many >>zoodles<< I ate at a lovely dinner I was invited to. Ever had zoodles? They're adorable. Zucchini is always more fun when you spiralize it.
- $20 - How much my new snorkel mask cost. It's one of those full face ones which I've been really interested in trying out. I figure if I don't end up liking it, I won't have wasted too much money on it.
- 795 - The number / name of the Dow Corning sealant we used for our portlight. I don't know why they call it by a number. They should give it a more interesting product name, like >>Captain Ron's Magical Water Repellent Solution & Denture Adhesive<<.
And that's all for this month. In case you missed them, here are some of our favorite blog posts from last month:
Morning Coffee: Random Thoughts & Oddities
Cruising in the Bahamas Season Recap: Provisioning, Cooking & Eating Out
Do I Really Have to Make My Bed? Or, The Mysteries of Facebook
How did last month go for you? What are you looking forward to this month?
Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - we'd love for you to pop by and say hi!